The HERA is located in building 40.28 of KIT Campus South. The entrance is on the north side of the building.
- Bicycle stands are located directly in front of the entrance.
- 5 minutes on foot to the west you can finde the free and public "Waldparkplatz".
- The nearest tram stops are "Kronenplatz" and "Durlacher Tor/KIT Campus Süd".
Bldg. 40.28, KIT Campus Süd
Link to the HERA on Google Maps
Link to building 40.28 in the KIT Campus Map
Arrival by train
When you arrive at the main station in Karlsruhe, take the north exit. There you will find connections to KIT with the following tram lines:
- Line 2 direction "Wolfartsweier-Nord". Get off after about 10 minutes at the stop "Kronenplatz/KIT Campus-Süd" or "Durlacher Tor".
- Line 3 direction "Neureut-Heide". Get off after about 9 minutes at the stop "Kronenplatz /KIT Campus-Süd".
- Line 4 direction "Waldstadt". Get off after about 13 minutes at the stop "Kronenplatz/KIT Campus-Süd" or "Durlacher Tor".
- Line S4 direction "Heilbronn/Eppingen". Get off after about 8 minutes at the stop "Kronenplatz/KIT Campus-Süd" or "Durlacher Tor".
All trams run regularly and usually every 10 minutes. Further information on Karlsruhe's public transport system is available at www.kvv.de.
Approach by car via the A8/A5 motorway
Registered visitors can enter the campus via the KIT gate at Adenauring/Engesserstraße.
Alternative parking is available on the public and free "Waldparkplatz".
- If you are coming from the A8, you need to take the exit for the A5. At the exit 41-Dreieck Karlsruhe you have to drive towards direction Frankfurt/Mannheim/Karlsruhe/Landau(Pfalz).
- Leave the highway A5 at exit 44-Karlsruhe-Durlach and follow the Durlacher Alle/B10/B10n towards Karlsruhe/Stutensee for about 1.4 km.
- Shortly before Durlacher Tor, turn right into Bertholdstraße and follow it, preferably in the left lane.
- After approx. 100m you can turn left into Engesserstrasse. You are now at the main entrance of KIT Campus-Süd.